The guideline provided in the following pages will guide and facilitate the institution in the creation and operation of internal quality assurance cell (IQAC). The work of IQAC is quality enhancement initiatives. The prime task of IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institution.
Composition of IQAC
Introduction:Objectives:Function:Benefits:Activities of IQAC:Composition of IQAC:
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of learner centric environment conductive to quality education.
- Arrangement of feedback response from students, parents, alumni and employer.on quality related institutional processes.
- Organization of workshop, conferences and seminar on quality related themes.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Development of quality culture in the institution.
- Preparation of Annual quality assurance report (AQAR) as per guideline and parameters of NAAC to be submitted.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Acts as dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communications.
- Intimation of quality assurance policies, mechanism and outcomes to the various internal and external stakeholders.
- Establishing benchmarks for the departments and planning to achieve the same
- Arrangement of training for faculty and staff to maintain quality of education in the institute.
- Encourage faculty and staff for research and development activities.
- Documentation of various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation of AQAR for the institute.
- Conveying meeting with the stakeholders.
- To motion and follow up the academic as well as activity calendar.
The composition of IQAC is as follows
- Chairperson: Head of Institution (Principal)
- Teachers to represent all level (3 to 8)
- One member from management
- Few senior administrative officers
- One nominee from students and alumni
- One nominee from industry
- One of senior teacher as the coordinator/Director of IQAC